Friday, March 7, 2008

We are home!

Elijah did get to come home Thursday evening!

He did pretty good on Wednesday and was well Thursday morning, then as we were getting discharged he started up that awful hacking again. He coughed and coughed all last night and this morning he is still coughing. It sounds horrible.

On the way home from the hospital we had to stop by Target to pick up his steroid as he needs to wean off that now.

After we got home and settled I went and laid down on my bed, oh that bed never felt better. I fell asleep and slept 4 hours.

I have to tell you all that I have the World's Greatest Kid! Dakota cleaned house really good and even made my bed and cleaned Elijah's room before we came home. He also made me a pitcher of tea!

I missed Dakota so much. This is the longest I have ever been away from him.
He said as boring as we are, it's even more boring when we are all gone.

We are so glad to be home, but I hate that Elijah is still sick. I just don't understand why all these steroids he has been on hasn't gotten the cough under control. Please pray for this cough.
Elijah does feel better, but he still can't go anywhere. I know we would get some awful looks taking a child out that sounds the way he does.

All this coughing just wears Elijah out and makes him so tired. Bless his little heart. I wish I could do something for him.

His mask came in and he likes it okay. I told him he looked like a motorcycle dude with it on.

No comments: