Sunday, June 14, 2009

Earth and Space Notebook

Last week Elijah and I finally began our Exploring Creation with Astronomy book. Today we finished chapter 1.

This book is what prompted our space theme for our school room. Mr. Smarty Pants already knew most of the stuff we read about in chapter one, but he is still getting a lot from it and he is surely enjoying it.



We are making a notebook as we read through our Astronomy book, making booklets and gluing them to card stock in a 3 ring binder. I did buy the new Astronomy Notebook Journal that goes along with this book, but I decided I will copy pages from it for the 3 ring binder. I knew Elijah would want to add more to his notebook and since the journal is spiral bound that would not work for him.







In the front of the notebook I added a big zip lock bag. As we read through a chapter we work on booklets and drop them in the zip lock bag. When we finish a chapter, as we did today, we empty the bag and glue the booklets on the card stock pages.


The next chapter is about the sun.

2 comments:

Mama Teaching 3 said...

You are so put together! I will be stealing some ideas. :)

Anonymous said...

We just finished chapter one in this same book, and I gotta say y'alls notebook is making me look real bad!!! LOL!
Cyn