Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer School Plans

We pretty much school year round, taking off whenever we need to, for whatever reason might come up. So don't feel sorry for my kids for doing school in the summer, they were playing while your kids were doing school. LOL We like to take off in the fall and spring when the weather is nice.

Anyone else doing school this summer?

I asked Elijah what he wanted to learn about this summer and this is his list.
Inventors
Detectives
Pirates
Astronomy
Night of the Museum
Louisiana
Natural History
I'm adding a math camp week to his list.

All his ideas sound fun to me. I'd like to add in a field trip for the Louisiana study and the Natural History study.

I think we will start with Night of the Museum. That sounds fun!
Check back to see how our units are going.


Dakota is working through the Algebra Life of Fred book for review trying to bring up his math scores on the ACT. He also has a photography unit that he will be doing this summer and he has a painting that he is working on. Plus Dakota created our homeschool group websites and he has a lot of work on the homeschooling section to get done and updating the choir and sports sections. He is almost finished with the co-op section. So he does have a lot to keep him busy.

And if that isn't enough to keep Dakota busy, I've asked him to take short videos of all the lapbooks he and Elijah have created and add them to my blog. So be sure to check back for videos of lapbooks and pictures of notebooks over the next few weeks.

I'd love to hear what interesting things your homeschool is doing this summer. Leave me a link to your blog so I can come visit.

1 comment:

Mama Teaching 3 said...

We are usually in full school mode in the summer with breaks as we need them. We have been really relaxed and we have enjoyed our time with our daddy. :)

We should start back up next week.