Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What do you want to be when you grow up?

That can be a scary question. Anytime someone ask Elijah that I hold my breath waiting to see what he will say.

Several years ago (maybe when he was 3 or 4) his answer was "Kidnapper!"
What? Do kidnappers really start out with that being their goal at such a young age?
I have no idea why he would say that.

A year or so later Elijah was asked what he wanted to be and his answer was "Bank Robber!"
Where did we go wrong?

At that point I decided we would be thrilled with anything on the other side of the law!

You know how people will ask little kids "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
This happened at story time at the library and I was praying "don't ask Elijah." We escaped without him telling his illegal career plans.

So the other day we are sitting there at college waiting on Elijah and other children to come out of Literacy Clinic. Class lets out and the children start coming to their parents I see a little boy carrying a fireman, and different ones with characters. I knew what their project had been. I cringed waiting on Elijah to come out.

I'm pleased to announce my son plans to work on the right side of the law now. At literacy clinic they had a project to make a person showing what they would like to be when they grow up.
Then they had to write about this job on the back of the person.
Elijah made his person a Veterinarian.

In the Vet's right hand you can see something green, that's a $100 bill. I hope he didn't rob a bank on the way in to the office!



No comments: