Monday, March 23, 2009

Change of plans

No school for us today!

Elijah woke up during the night sick and got in the bed with me. I do not sleep well with him in the bed with me.

This morning he was feeling pretty bad and just wanted to stay in bed. I looked in his mouth with a flashlight to see if his throat was red. I can never tell because all mouths and throats look red to me. I could see puss pockets on his tonsils.

Elijah has had strep throat 6 times since last April so I knew he needed to be checked. So I called and we headed to the doctor.

They did the swab and it was positive for strep. This means shots or antibiotics through IV for Elijah. :( We chose shots.
He got a shot today and has to go back Tuesday and Wednesday for shots. 3 shots should knock it out.

He is still feeling really bad. Please pray it passes quickly and no one else here gets sick.

No comments: