Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Turtle Racing!

I was looking for a way to sneak some writing in for Elijah tonight, so I flipped through a Story Starter booklet I picked up at Dollar Tree. I found the perfect page for him.

I told him to make up a story about a turtle race. He asked if he could race his turtles and then write about it. I was smart enough to know to get some writing out of him first so I told him to write what he thinks will happen, then he could race and write the ending.

His writing has really improved lately and he did very well with spelling the words, I only had to help with a few words. I'm glad to see that he is finally leaving a space between most of the words. He also knew to put periods at the end of sentences and capital letters at the beginning of sentences.




Elijah decided to line up some shoes to make racing lanes. He wanted the red eared slider to win so bad he raced them about 30 times until it did. That box turtle is fasssst!

August 1st will be a year that Elijah has had his little red eared slider named Rocky.
He has only had the box turtle a few months and I think his name is Timmy.

No comments: