Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Give Me That Shot Again!

Yesterday I got a shot of dexamathasone. I wish I could get a shot of that every week. I've had such relief today.

It is a steroid which hypes you up and keeps you awake so I was unable to sleep all night, but at least I was NOT crying in pain.

This morning Dakota took me to the doctor. It was the allergist appointment the dermatologist set me up with yesterday. I loved the allergy doctor, he was very nice.
He wanted to do the skin test allergy testing on me, but since I take vistaril like candy he couldn't.
I was really glad though because I have enough going on with my skin and I don't think it would be a good idea to add scratches on purpose. So he sent me for lab work. Lots of pages listing out the lab test, the lab tech actually said "You have a book of test."
They will call with those results later on.

Next we ate some lunch before heading to Wal-Mart to get some groceries. I got some salad stuff. Then we headed to Target and got more prescriptions filled. For someone who hates taking meds I sure do have a collection of them sitting here on my desk.

The plan is to take it easy around here for rest of the week and through the weekend, get some school done and just enjoy life. Monday the kids and I will head to Shreveport for my Rheumatologist appointment.

I hope the affects from the shot will last a few days.

No comments: