Friday, August 6, 2010

The Pain Behind The Smile

When I'm out and about I try to smile and not complain about my health. Gosh I do enough of that at home anyway. I really just don't want to be a downer around people so I just smile and struggle through.

That might be confusing for some though. I really am sick and it is so hard to do things I really want to do.

The Savella does help. It takes the edge off, but it does not take the pain completely away.

We had co-op registration the other day, 9am - 3pm. That was a long hard day for me. By the end of the day I was in so much pain I got in the van and cried. We did have a heat issue too and heat always makes me feel worse. That night my skeleton and muscles hurt so bad I laid there and cried. Jody said even when I did doze off I was whimpering like a dog.

I knew the registration day were coming so I upped my prednisone in hopes that it would help me get through the next few weeks. I don't think it worked!

I spent Thursday in the bed barely able to move. Guess what Thursday was our first day of school too. HA I have a design to where Elijah can still do some school even on my bad days.

Anyway many people ask me how I am and I always say okay, but the truth is if you think about me please say a prayer for me. Some days are almost unbearable. I am so thankful for the days where I can at least get up and out.

Along with the Fibromyalgia I have also been diagnosed with Sjogrens syndrome and Connective Tissue Disease. My test for Lupus have also came back pos 4 times. I go back to the doctor August 23 so we'll see if he has more to say about that.

I thank my family for being understanding and putting up with me. I hate being like this and wish I could do all that I really want to do. If only my body could keep up with my brain!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

You are constantly in my prayers.

Mama Teaching 3 said...

I love you and I do think of you all the time and pray for you. Please know you are so special to me.