Saturday, August 22, 2009

My Art Journal

Both Dakota and Elijah have been busy working on various art projects. I decided to start an art journal and have fun with them.

I bought this sketch book at Wal-Mart.

I am not an artist so I really had no idea what I would put in this art journal. So on the first page I just doodled.

Then I decided to do some of the same projects Elijah was also doing.

A friend had a blog post "Are You Part of the Herd?" This picture reminded me of her post so I wrote a little bit about that here.
I used colored pencils on this picture.


I used oil pastels on this drawing.

Elijah was very impressed with my eye for some reason. This was done with colored pencils.

Elijah and I both did this abstract face. His turned out much better than mine.
This was done with water color paints.


I've had a great time working in my art journal. It's fun doing art while the kids are also doing art and encouraging one another. Elijah seems to be very impressed with my art. He asked me if I took art lessons when I was a kid. I love his innocent eyes viewing my art.

I would like to encourage you to try doing art for yourself while the kids are doing art. You probably feel like you don't have time to do art for yourself, but you should always make the time to make memories with your kids.

2 comments:

Mama Teaching 3 said...

Kayla, you are an artist, my friend!

Nicole said...

Love It!! Your art is great! And FUN!!!