Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools Day!

If you know us, you know that every day around here is much like April Fools day.



April Fools day is kinda like my holiday.

I love to think up things to do to the kids. Last night I stayed awake waiting on Dakota to go to sleep. Finally about 3 AM I thought he was asleep so I slipped in his room and right when I was about to spray paint his hair green he jumped at me. Scared me to death! He was laying there waiting on me because he knew I'd come sometime or another.

I went back in his room at 7 and he was awake then too.

Neither one of us got any sleep last night!

I did get Elijah though, he never knows what day of the week so he had no idea it was about to be April 1.

I was able to sit on his bed while he slept and paint his toe nails with red paint.


Then I sprayed his hair with green hair paint.

This morning I woke him up and had him to do a few things around the house thinking he would notice his feet soon. It took him a good while to see his toes. Then I told him to look in the mirror. He said "I'm gonna get you back!"

I had to leave right after that to attend a meeting and didn't get back until 2:30, just enough time for us all to load up in the van and head to college for Elijah's class and we didn't get home until about 6:30 tonight. I'm sure they cooked up something for me today and I just haven't found it yet. Each year after April Fools day I find pranks for me in the days to come.

I normally love to have people over on April 1st, but it was a busy day and we didn't have time for that. Next year!

1 comment:

Elysa said...

What a HOOT! And thanks for entering the give-away at my blog. You're definitely someone who would appreciate a "LAUGH" bracelet!!! :D