Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July


We don't usually do food stuff for holidays, but this was something we could all eat. The kids made this flag rice crispy treat. They did a good job on it even if the colors turned out pink and baby blue. It was yummy too.

I haven't been blogging much lately, although I've spent plenty of time on the computer. Dakota and I have been busy working on our homeschool website. http://www.nelcha.org It's still not complete, we are waiting on information from the board. Dakota does the work, I just come up with the ideas. I tell him what I want and he creates it.
We'd love to see other homeschool websites, so if your group has a website post the link for us.

I've also been researching and planning for our school year. I've never been one to plan out what we are doing and I probably not going to start now. I'm more into making list and having the freedom to choose something on the list for that subject.

Dakota will be a senior this year. He has most of his credits already so he will have an easy school year. I better stop there or I'll end up crying thinking about it being his last year to homeschool.

We should have an easy school year. Right now we are only committed to the Thursday co-op. I have thought about 4-H for Elijah because they only meet once a month, but we'll see when the time comes. After the over committed year we had last year I'm looking forward to a nice calm year.

1 comment:

Mama Teaching 3 said...

I love the crispy treat! I could eat a big hunk of it right now, I am starving!

Happy Independence Day!